Sunday, March 9, 2014

Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad

Spring is in the air, and with warmer temps and sunny skies comes lighter meals.
I try my best to plan my weekly lunches ahead of time and the following recipe will definitely be a go to this spring!


Ingredients:

1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
1/4 cup fresh pesto(I buy Whole Foods in house pesto)
1/4 cup diced provolone cheese(ask your deli counter to cut you a thick slice)
1 cup pasta of your choice(I used shells)

Cook pasta according to package directions.
In large bowl, combine chicken, pesto and cheese. Refrigerate.
Makes about 3-4 lunch sized portions.

DELISH!


Rotisserie chicken is a great go to, especially for the price. Plan ahead and incorporate the rest of your chicken into other meals that week. i.e.: Chicken tacos, chicken caesar salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment