Sunday, March 9, 2014

Em's Fish Curry

So I may have mentioned this a few years ago, but......
When I was working at the camp in Maine, the chef there made a kick-ass chicken curry. I never knew I loved curry until he made it. Luckily he shared with me some of his tips and tricks on how to make a delicious curry on my own.
I since then of course have made curry numerous times, but tonight I switched it up.
I bought a new curry spice at Whole Foods AND I used fish instead of chicken.
I highly, highly recommend fish as a replacement to chicken in this dish. Yum!

Ingredients:

2 tilapia filets
2-3 Tbs curry of your choice(any grocery store should have some sort of curry spice)
1 cup coconut milk(divided)
1 small carrot diced
1/2 small onion diced
1/2 jasmine rice: cooked

In small dish combine 1 Tbs curry, 1/2 cup milk and tilapia. Allow to sit for 2-3 hours or even overnight.
Remove from "marinade" and cut into bite sized pieces.

Heat small saucepan to medium heat. Add about 2 Tbs olive oil.
Cook onion and carrot a couple of minutes and add 2 Tbs curry. Add tilapia and cook a couple more minutes. Pour in 1/2 cup coconut milk. Reduce heat to medium/low. Cook maybe 5 more minutes.

Serve over jasmine rice.
Makes 2 servings.






No comments:

Post a Comment