Monday, April 25, 2011

Hello fellow food lovers!

So in the past few months, I have found myself in the kitchen quite often as a means of comfort and therapy. Cooking relaxes me and is one of the few things I can control in my upside down life! I often find myself sharing my "recipes" or creations and decided I might as well create a blog and share with everyone! I am also on a mission to create meals and desserts to accommodate a household of 1 or 2 people. Not so easy! I will start with my quick and easy pasta dish I created tonight! 


Fresh Tomato and Spinach Pasta Toss


1/4 lb whole wheat angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti
5-6 cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
1 handful of fresh spinach
1 heaping Tbs inched garlic or 3 cloves diced
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 pinch dried basil: if you like fresh....more power to ya!
2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
2-3 Tbs EVOO(if you don't know what that is.....tisk tisk)
salt/pepper to taste


Go ahead and boil your pasta water, add pasta and cook while you combine the fresh ingredients.
In large skillet, heat EVOO on medium heat. Add garlic and all other spices. Add fresh tomatoes and spinach and cook til tomatoes and spinach are semi wilted. Once pasta is cooked, drain and add directly to skillet with other goodies. Add about 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Toss. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment