Monday, April 25, 2011

Em's Oatmeal Raisin-et Cookies ;)

So any of you out there that know me well know that I love a Raisinet. There is a bag of them in my fridge as we speak. Love love love them. Anyways, so I was craving a cookie tonight (not on the diet) and wanted to use what I had in the house. I had some plain instant oatmeal but no raisins......this got my brain churning. I love an oatmeal raisin cookie, I love an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie.....why not blend the 2?! Hence my new creation of the Oatmeal Raisinet Cookie. You will never go back to the original. I promise!


Oatmeal Raisinet Cookies


4 Tbs softened unsalted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup plus 3 Tbs flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup toasted pecans chopped
1/4 cup Raisinets
2 packets Instant Oatmeal( I would say about 1/2 cup to 1 cup oatmeal.....til cookie dough consistency)


Toast your pecans at 350 for 5 minutes. Chop. Combine butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Add flour baking powder, salt, cinnamon and combine. (I never do the ridiculous step where you dirty up another bowl to combine your dry ingredients first) Stir in your oatmeal, pecans and Raisinets. I like to refrigerate my dough for about 30 minutes but that is personal preference.
Bake at 350 for 11-12 minutes. Makes about 12 cookies, depending on size. The best part is you can make a few, then freeze the remaining dough for another day! A-mazing cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment