Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Chuck Roast Stroganoff

If you haven't noticed, this is yet ANOTHER meal using the same chuck roast we used both in the chili and on its own!
This meal is probably one of my all time favorite meals and it's a leftover meal.
Serve with a fresh green veggie( I enjoy broccoli or green beans) and over egg noodles or rice.

"Leftover" Chuck Roast Stroganoff

Ingredients:

8oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup leftover roast chopped
1/2 cup leftover beef broth (this is the yummy beef juices I told you to save from the roast)
1/2 cup sour cream

Heat 2-3 Tbs EVOO in large skillet to medium heat. Add mushrooms and allow to brown 5-10 minutes. (Do Not Add Salt!)
Once mushrooms have cooked down some, add chopped beef and heat through maybe 5 minutes.
Pour in beef broth and let simmer for 5-10 minutes. (your liquid should cook down a little)
Finally stir in sour cream. Done!
Believe it or not: 4 servings!

To me, this is comfort food at it's best. :)

I am still pondering what to do with the remaining beef I have leftover, so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment