Friday, March 1, 2013

Breakfast Smoothie

I recently discovered my love of a smoothie. They are a quick, easy, nutritious on the go breakfast. Over the past year I would make them with greek yogurt and fruit. Well, the past couple of months I have gone semi dairy free. I have switched to coconut milk and creamer for my coffee. No worries, this girl still eats as much REAL cheese as she pleases. :) Anyways, switching out greek yogurt for coconut milk was fine, only it left me feeling hungry within an hour of having my smoothie.(no protein in coconut milk) 
Problem solved! Protein powder. Ingenius invention and one breakfast smoothie can tide me over for 4-5 hours. Did I mention it is easy?


Em's Breakfast Smoothie:

Ingredients:(makes one smoothie)


  • 1/2 cup frozen berries(I rotate between mixed berries and just strawberries)
  • 1 frozen banana- take ripe bananas, peel, and place in a freezer bag. Freezing all fruit prevents you from needing ice. 
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder(I use Whole Foods brand, but use whatever brand you find in your store)
In blender place milk, powder, berries, and banana. Blend until smooth. Done! 

Forgot to take a picture, but will post as soon as I take one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment