Thursday, February 28, 2013

Taking leftovers over the top!

This "recipe" is a leftover meal from my italian sausage and pasta dish. The past month I have been trying to successfully make an over easy egg.(my new favorite way to eat an egg. There is something creamy and delicious about a runny yolk). Anyways, probably close to a dozen eggs have been harmed in the quest to make the perfect egg. I googled my heart out for tips and tricks and tonight I finally mastered! Here is how I made an over easy egg:

Ingredients:
1 egg
salt/pepper
butter or oil, your call(used less then a tbs of butter)
small skillet

I cracked my egg into a small bowl first, to ensure no broken yolk. Sprinkled the egg with s&p. Heated my skillet over medium/low heat. You don't want your pan too hot. Melt your butter coating entire skillet. Slowly pour egg into pan, making sure to off center the egg. Allow to cook 2-3 min or until the white has set. With thin spatula, carefully scoop egg and flip....CAREFUL not to break yolk. No rush, go slow. Once flipped, cook another minute. No more. Now, are you ready to find out what I did with my first over easy egg?!

Reheat your amazing italian sausage pasta dish from last night. Place your egg on top and a sprinkle of parmesan. Oh my goodness guys. This makes ordinary leftovers OVER THE TOP. So good, you have to try it yourself to find out. Cannot tell you how good it is. The yolk breaks over the pasta creating a creamy sauce. It is decadent. Try it. I promise you will not be disappointed.








No comments:

Post a Comment