Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Salt n Vinegar Tilapia

Tonight I did my first personal chef gig. I could totally see myself doing this for a living! So amazing to be paid to do what I love. For my first meal I made the family salt n vinegar tilapia, homemade fries, and broccoli. Both the tilapia and fries are baked in the oven so a smidge healthier then frying. The first time I made this was for my awesome neighbors, and they LOVED it so I was pretty confident it would be a hit tonight! Lo and behold, the family said it was delicious! Yay!! This recipe will actually make 4 tilapia filets and french fries for 4. Super easy to make more/less. Enjoy! 


Salt n Vinegar Tilapia


4 tilapia filets
1/2 cup mayo-divided among 4 filets
1 small bag of salt n vinegar chips(I pick up a single serving bag in the Publix deli)
salt/pepper to season


Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Place cooling rack on top.(I cook my filets on a cooling rack on top of the cookie sheet. This helps prevent sticking.....AND your fish cooks all the way through without having to flip) Preheat oven to 400. Season each filet with salt/pepper. Coat each filet with mayonaisse.(this is the glue for your chips). Sprinkle each fish filet with crushed potato chips. Place on cooling rack on cooking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. 


Yummy Dip to go with! 


1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
2-3 tbs dijon mustard
1 Tbs capers minced
1 Tbs vinegar of your choice(I use rice wine)
few splashes of hot sauce
squeeze of 1/2 lemon


Stir to combine and refrigerate until ready to eat! Both the fish and fries are delish dipped in this yum-o dip! 



Pretty sure I have already shared the french fry recipe with you all. For a tasty different seasoning, try Old Bay. Sounds crazy but it is fabulous AND works perfectly for this seafood dish! 

No comments:

Post a Comment