Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mac n Cheese: For One!!! :)

This recipe is hot off the press. hehe Just spent the morning talking to my friend about how to make mac n cheese which made me crave some, SO in the kitchen I went. I broke the recipe down and made just enough for one serving. It filling one ramekin perfectly and I was able to cook it in my small toaster oven. What a great way to indulge in a sinful food without eating enough for 6 people! :)


Em's Mac n Cheese 


1/4 cup dry elbow macaroni
1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese(or a cheese of your choice)
1 Tbs butter
1 Tbs flour
1/4 cup milk
dash of dry mustard
salt/pepper to taste


Bring small pot of water to boil, add salt and macaroni. Cook according to package directions. (if you only want to mess up one pot, wait for macaroni to cook and then make sauce in same pot) Heat small saucepan to medium heat. Add butter. Once melted, add flour and whisk together quickly. Once combined, add milk and continue to whisk until you have a creamy sauce. Add cheese, pepper and mustard. Stir to combine. Add macaroni back to pot with the sauce in it and mix together. Spray ramekin with non stick spray and pour in macaroni n cheese. Sprinkle top with extra cheese if you wish! Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until top is golden and bubbly. 


Reminder: This only makes ONE serving. Feel free to double, triple, etc. Super easy to make a larger portion. 

1 comment:

  1. OMG this is AWESOME! I'm always looking for ways to cut down pasta servings since I usually eat ALL I make. I already weigh it out before and only cook what I want to eat, but this is perfect for a one person little meal -I love it! Thanks for all the great recipes cuz! :)

    ReplyDelete